A fixed deposit (FD) is a financial instrument provided by banks which provides investors a higher rate of interest than a regular savings account, until the given maturity date.
- It is a fixed deposit investment
- The amount to invest starts from Gh¢100.00 and above
- For a period, as determined by customer
- A negotiable higher yield interest rate available
- Withdrawal before maturity period negotiable
- Customer can withdraw both the principal and the interest or take the interest and roll over the principal or both
- Special investment certificate will be issued